New blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fundamental Concepts of Excellence

What do you think is the most important Fundamental Concept of Excellence?
As I reflect on it at lot, I regularly ask colleagues what they think is the core Concept of Excellence.
When I ask experts at the EFQM the answer is always the same … all Fundamental Concepts are all equally important! Hence the Concepts are not numbered. As you can see in the diagram EFQM do not highlight a preference.
However the written description of the Concepts starts with Achieving Balanced Results. But how would you react if another Concept is presented first…? For example if Adding Value for Customers or Succeeding through People was put on the top of the list?

I believe it might make a difference which Concept is presented first, as perhaps you might?
As you may have guessed from reading my previous blogs I think Taking Responsibility for a Sustainable Future is the most important Concept. It is clear to me that if we do not put this Concept on the top of our agenda very soon, we will have more challenges then we can handle as a planet. It bothers me that the description of this important Concept is listed last. 
Would you agree with me that Taking Responsibility for a Sustainable Future is the most important Concept? And would it make a difference to put this description first in the list of Concepts?

No comments:

Post a Comment